For Officers wearing a Duty Belt. Adheres to the fabric of the shirt and the pants. Made of a nylon, hook on hook material 10x the tensile strength of velcro. Unisex belt. Shirt Lock comes in a convenient anodized copper tin for storage. WARNING: Shirt Lock works by using tiny hooks that attach themselves to the fabric, holding it in place. These hooks may cause damage to some fabrics
How long does the Shirt Lock last?
- Shirt Lock has a 1 Year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
The Shirt Lock does not work for my waist size. Is there a larger size?
- It is recommended that you order the 1.5” wide for waist sizes 38” and greater. Figure your sizing based on hip size. Full figured individuals have reported that the 1.5” wide size works better for them. The 1.5” Shirt Lock works well for all waist sizes. If you wear a Duty Belt we recommend the 1.5” variety.
How do I stop the belt from riding up in the back?
- Make sure that you place the belt evenly around your waist, (2”) below where you normally wear your garment belt.
The Shirt Lock does not grip all the different fabrics. How can I use my belt with the shirts that it does not grip?
- Some materials have less of a nap for the hooks to adhere to. With the new Shirt Lock there are hooks on both sides and therefore the belt will grip the fabric of the pants and using friction will hold the shirt in place. Also, a ridge is created between Shirt Lock and your outer garment belt that additionally works to hold the shirt in place.
The Shirt Lock Does not stick as well to heavily starched shirts.
- Heavily starched shirts tend to reduce the nap of the material making it harder for the hooks to grip the material. With the Shirt Lock you may find that you do not have to use as much starch on your shirts. However, as stated previously the hooks on the outside of the belt will grip the pants and form a ridge with your garment belt.